This is a great festive breakfast that also makes for nice presentation for a family gathering or potluck. Once per week I cook breakfast for the local Kiwanis Club, and I recently made this to kick off the start of the holiday season. Packed with protein and fiber, with a little sweetness to boot.
- 32 oz. container plain greek yogurt
- 32 oz. container plain yogurt
- 14 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 box instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag Special K honey granola
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
1. Stir together in a bowl the greek and plain yogurts until smooth.
2. Add cold milk to pudding and whisk in a separate small bowl.
3. In another small bowl, combine pumpkin and spices.
4. Using a large glass bowl, begin the trifle with a layer of yogurt.
5. Add a thin layer of pumpkin.
6. Add a layer of butterscotch pudding.
7. Sprinkle with granola.
8. Repeat steps 4-7.
9. Finish the trifle with a final layer of yogurt sprinkled with the remaining granola.
10. Drizzle with 2 T. maple syrup.
11. Cover and refrigerate.