Yesterday I enjoyed a beautiful Sunday afternoon with my first x-country ski of the season, a 5-mile trip to my old stomping grounds on the mountain. While I had debated going at all, due to the 11 degree weather, there was zero wind and sunny skies so I layered up, put on my balaclava and went for it. The hour and forty-five minute ski in the crisp air left me quite hungry for dinner last night, and also for breakfast this morning. For breakfast, I decided to make a quick, light scramble using our elk breakfast summer sausage.
1-egg Sausage and Spinach Scramble
- 1 egg (local if possible!)
- 1 T. medium salsa
- 1 T. +/- raw breakfast sausage
- 1 T. shredded cheddar
- 2 T. spinach (I used frozen, fresh would be fine, too)
- sprinkle of black pepper
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and cook breakfast sausage until no longer pink.
- Re-spray the pan with cooking spray, crack egg into pan and scramble with fork.
- Add in spinach (still frozen is fine) and salsa.
- Cook on medium heat until eggs set up and top with a large pinch of shredded cheddar.
- Sprinkle with black pepper. Breakfast is served!