Similar to stroganoff, “Sh*t on a Shingle” is a recipe that I learned from Joe, and for its simplicity, it really is a tasty, hearty, quick, week-night meal.
Elk Sh*t on a Shingle
Serves 2, with leftovers
- 1 lb ground elk
- 1 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup (I do not recommend using the healthy request, low-sodium, or bargain brands–I have tried all of the above and it drastically affects the taste, and not for the better!)
- Wheat or white bread (the shingle, of course!)
1. Cook ground meat on medium heat and season with salt and garlic pepper, if desired.
2. Crumble meat and add in the soup. Stir to combine, simmer on low 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Load your sh*t onto your shingle, er, I mean slice of bread. You now have elk sh*t on a shingle- enjoy! I usually serve this with green beans.
~FYI ~Leftover meat is good in enchiladas and burritos.
2 thoughts on “Elk Sh*t on a Shingle”
Oh I am laughing so hard! This recipe would come from Joe! I’m loving all your recipes Mo and and so excited to try them!!!
Ha! It is a Joe specialty! Hope to catch up with you soon~