These steaks came out extremely tender with great flavor, and a little kick.
You will need:
- 1 lb elk steak, butterflied (this was backstrap)
- 1 slice bacon per steak
- Dry Rub= A Shake of the following: cumin, onion powder, chili powder, salt, Mrs Dash lemon pepper, Hi Mountain Seasoning Elk Seasoning, garlic pepper, cayenne pepper, and worcestshire (not pictured)
1. Marinade meat in refrigerator with the dry rub for desired length of time (we did 2 days).
2. Preheat grill. Wrap each butterflied steak with a slice of raw bacon and secure with toothpicks.
3. Grill steaks 15-17 minutes to medium-rare. Mine were pretty thick, so adjust time accordinly if your steaks are on the thin side. I flipped each steak twice.