- 1/4 c diced yellow onion
- 1 lb ground elk
- 1/2 pkg. of taco seasoning- I use this recipe
- 1.5 c. romaine salad blend
- 2 T. salsa ranch dressing (Bolthouse Farms brand or homemade)
- 1 T. medium-heat salsa
- shredded cheddar, as desired
- crushed tortilla chips, as desired
- Make the taco meat: Brown onion in medium frying pan and add in ground elk meat. Simmer on medium, stirring occassionally, until meat is no longer pink.
- Add in taco seasoning and stir to combine. Simmer another 2 minutes.
- Assemble the salads: place 1.5 c romaine into a bowl and top with ground meat, salsa ranch dressing, shredded cheese, salsa, and a few crushed tortilla chips. The Bolthouse Farms brand of salsa ranch yogurt dressing is tangy and creamy, and at only 45 calories per 2 Tablespoons, you can really pour it on!.